Junior Programme Officer (JPO) for Church and Development Cooperation in Eastern Europe
HEKS/EPER Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, HEKS/EPER engages in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in presently 19 key countries and around 200 projects world-wide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
Junior Programme Officer (JPO) for Church and Development Cooperation in Eastern Europe (80-100%)
- Duty station: HEKS/EPER in Zurich, Switzerland
- Start of employment: As of 1 March 2019, or upon agreement
- Employment duration: Term fixed to up to two years of employment
- Assistance to programme work: Progressively assuming desk officer responsibility within the framework of PCM (coaching by desk officer)
- Co-responsibility (with desk officer) for specific projects, further development of project work
- Support in project cycle management tasks: Assistance with project proposals, revision of project reports, support in budgeting, financial controlling and financial reporting
- Writing applications and reporting to back-donors
- Revision of factsheets, presentations and PR material
- Support in organizing project presentations and project visits for Swiss congregations
- University Master or equivalent technical degree
- Showing strong interest for international cooperation
- Interest in thematic field of social inclusion and in working both with NGOs and church-related partners
- Sensitivity to religious issues and willingness to work with church-based partner organisations.
- At least one year (cumulated) of field work experience, preferably in Eastern / Southeast Europe
- First experiences in programme/project management (including controlling, budgeting and audits)
- Excellent knowledge of English, German (oral and written) and working knowledge in French, good communication skills
- Team-player, performance under pressure, initiative and pro-active personality
- Digitally fluent and mastering the usual IT tools
- An interesting position in a dynamic environment
- Coaching by competent staff members
- An engaged and competent team
- A modern work place in Zurich
The first-round interviews will take place between 29 and 31 January 2019.
Please send your complete application at latest until 20 January 2019 to HEKS/EPER (email@example.com). Marc Zoss, Head of Asia/Europe Department is at your disposal for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org).